Search This Blog

Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Thank you

Today is election day. No matter the outcome, I want to thank all those who have supported me these last four years. It has been challenging, to be sure. But I can honestly say, I believe good things have happened.

Here is a small sample of the most important changes:
- The teachers and building administrators are using more data to drive decisions, most importantly, in support of student learning.
- The District has the beginnings of a real scorecard which will serve as a common understanding of key elements of student achievement.
- The Board has put more emphasis on fiscal accountability to our taxpayers, actually reserving funds to minimize potential tax increaases to pay down the building debt.
- More Board members, parents and community members feel confident in asking questions about how we allocate our resources and they expect good answers.
- The District has posted online the checkbook, Board minutes, Board Policies, Board member contact information.

Most importantly, I am proud of the positive working relationship I have developed with my fellow board members, Kevin Hollenbeck, Randy VanAntwerp, Rusty Rathburn, Bo Snyder, Joanne Willson, and Geoff Howe. And this applies to those who left during my tenure, Wendy Mazer, Dale Posthumus, and John Whyte.

Most importantly, thank you to all of you who have voted for me. Your confidence in me is truly humbling.

No comments: